05 November 2010

Fall has flown.

It's one of those cozy nights in the Fort. Marlee, Bekah, Sara, and I are all busy in the Great Hall, each doing their own work, exchanging random tidbits of conversation. Heaters are on and off intermittently - it really just depends on what room you're in; of course, the Outpost has the window open and the heater off, and it's quite comfortable, for Bekah and myself, at least.

Today is that infamous 5th of November, and I'm considering going to the various lounges around campus to see if anyone is watching the movie. Or perhaps I'll just stay inside and enjoy an evening with the roomies. I think I might be leaning towards the latter. It's quite nippy out there to try and find a V for Vendetta showing. But I do love that movie.

I received the admission letter from University of Botswana (which I will start referring to as UB from now on, for the most part), and I just got done emailing them my flight arrival so that I can hopefully be met at the airport and whatnot. I'm getting really excited for next semester - it's becoming more and more real with each passing week, it seems!

Of course, for now I need to focus on making it through this semester. Primarily, right now, my senior thesis, which is coming along quite nicely but, at 5 1/2 pages, is still shy of being even 1/3 of the way done. But the work is coming along, as I said, and I really am enjoying the writing. I just wish that I had the time to spend all my time working on writing it, when in reality I'm running around going to classes, running errands, and doing homework for other courses. No matter. I'm sure it'll get done, as they always do, and I'm sure it will be good, as they always are. And this time next year I will be delighted to look back and know that I don't have to worry about writing my senior thesis anymore. But for now... I suppose I'd better get to work and do something productive tonight.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment