15 November 2010

Poll: Cast your vote!

So I'm taking a quick survey here...

Having been without Facebook for a couple months now, I've been thinking recently about whether or not I should start anew with Facebook, or just stay Facebook-free. If I did get another Facebook account, it would be a blocked/invisible/private/what-have-you account, and I would just add my family members, and maybe a couple close friends, and I would have it for the sole purpose of the ease of sharing pictures and video and the like. On the other hand, I could just stay away from Facebook altogether and go through various other media to get pictures and video to my family, whether that be youtube, picasa, or the like.

So here's your chance: I'd like to know what you think about this. Give me a well-rounded answer, cast your vote, and perhaps influence my decision. :)

5 comments:

  1. I do enjoy facebook, but I would say stay without. The ability to creep and spend hours upon hours on there is way to easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoy facebook, but it is a very big distraction. Perhaps media sharing is simply too easy. And besides, you are so good at writing letters! Speaking of which, next time I see you I want your Box Number. I want to send you a letter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would stay without it. A couple times I've gotten on to tell you something, and then remembered you didn't have it, but then we started writing long emails, and that's much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say stay without it too. I would like to drop my facebook someday--it is a distraction and it would just be nice to not feel "tied down" to it. There are other, less "addicting" ways to keep in contact with people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you see what facebook is doing right now? It's tempting you. And you are rationalizing so that you can give into the temptations. It's ok, I'll just use it for photos and video you say. And at first, that's all it is. But a few years down the line you would most likely be back on in full. That just how these things work.

    So I say don't get it back. You don't want it, and you successfully got rid of it. Getting facebook back would be like a smoker giving up smoking, and then deciding that there is no harm in one cigarette a day.

    That said, I've been on facebook a lot more with being abroad, as a way to keep in touch with people and keep up to date. I'm really hoping that I will be able to use it less as soon as I get home.

    ReplyDelete