14 November 2010

A good day

Today was good. Apart from waking up feeling really achy and having to spend an hour waiting for ibuprofen to kick in, things went along pretty well. I finished my box of Cocoa Wheats for breakfast with a glass of pomegranate-black currant juice on the side. Eventually I got around to dressing myself... in cold-weather biking clothes. :)

I rode to Borders and spent half an hour trying to find a copy of Backpacker Magazine and waiting for the feeling to come back into my fingertips. (I actually couldn't find it, and so spent most of the time trying to pick one of the half dozen cycling magazines instead, and just when I had finally made up my mind: I went around the corner and found a whole stack of Backpacker Mags!) That being done, I got back on the bike and pedaled up and around (having completely lost my sense of direction in the bookstore) and managed to successfully come across the new Aldi on California. It was SO nice! I got to park Charlie inside this cart mud-room of sorts. I picked up a lot of groceries, then pedaled back to the apartment, nice and slow, weighed down, but no longer cold, just taking in the scenery.

I joined Melissa and friends for a brief run to Target, where I picked up what I couldn't find at Aldi, and ice cream as well. After an afternoon nap, I holed up in the basement of the library, surrounded by my books for roughly four hours. When I emerged I had written four more pages and had crossed off another two boxes in my outline/plot-line diagram, and was officially done with the designated Part 1 of 3 in my senior thesis. Hooray!

Feeling rather accomplished, and being on that side of campus already, I decided to go to collegelife, where I was very weirded out by Steve Kelly's discussion of sex in marriage - awkward! Eventually the message was good, but there were so many times that I did not want to be in that room. Back at home again, I scooped up some ice cream in a bowl, went into my room, wrapped myself in a blanket, and watched an episode of Dharma and Greg. Now I'm off to bed. In the morning I have to type up an abstract real quick and the give-and-go of the week will start once more. But for now, I'm going to snuggle up in bed with an extra blanket or two and enjoy some well-earned shuteye.

No comments:

Post a Comment