02 November 2010

Off to the Races



The votes are coming in for state elections, and I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised. Not only did Michigan vote in a Republican governor, but it would appear that (from the not-yet-complete-and-up-to-date results online) republicans took most ofthe other positions too, including state representatives and state senate positions. Granted this could change once they get everything tallied up, but I suppose Michiganders have finally gotten sick of the poor choices democrats have made for our state. Hopefully the change will be good. I'm a bit skeptical about this Rick Snyder dude - after all, he's a businessman, not a politician - but perhaps he's what we need to get the jobs back. He at least talks like he knows the roots of the problems and how to fix them. I just hope he's right, for all our sakes.

Well, that's it on that little note. Now a bit of show off: I carved a pretty great pumpkin for Halloween, and I just wanted to share.

I think it's a face I tend to make, so perhaps that's why I find it so funny. But I love carving pumpkins - I think it's probably one of the few holiday things that I enjoy as far as decorations go. Probably because you get something from it (yummy seeds!) and you can get rid of it when you're done instead of having to store it in a box somewhere 11 months out of the year. And what's more, they're different and new every year!

Of course, I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with any sort of bias I might have because they're called Jack-o-lanterns... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment