09 November 2010

Still Fighting It

Currently listening to: Still Fighting It, Ben Folds.

This song always makes me nostalgic for something, but I'm never quite sure what. Perhaps it's that memory of my first car, that rusty old 1987 Chevrolet Celebrity station wagon I so affectionately called Simba. That memory where I was driving down Airline Hwy, both front windows hand-rolled down, the cool breeze and warm, decomposing autumn air working their way through and around, my midback-length hair billowing in the current, my left hand following the imaginary curves of a surf in the wind, the blind stereo turned up, and this song calling out the windows as I drove past trees alive with color and roads so familiar to me on my way towards home.

Perhaps that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment