19 May 2012

Ends and Beginnings

Today was my last day of work - I walked around the Well and sat in all my favorite places one last time. My laundry is in the dryer, I'm knee-deep in packing, and I'm about to head out to our going-away party. The clock is seriously ticking now: I've got a lot of work to do in the next twelve hours or so. My goal is to get everything I can packed up tonight so that tomorrow morning I can wake up, eat breakfast, load up the car, and check out of here by 10am.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of my latest road trip: this time only a half-day's worth of driving, but plenty of stopping along the way. It marks the beginning of my officially adult life - because I'm actually working a real, adult, fully-paid position at a park. It marks the beginning of a very active time in my life. My goal this season is to do a hike and a bike ride each weekend. I think it'll be a fun season.

No comments:

Post a Comment