10 May 2012

Too caught up?


We all know that I have a tendency to get caught up in movies, tv shows, books, etc. I'm just a sucker for stories, and my imagination makes everything so real. Well, lately I've been watching Avatar: The Last Airbender... a lot. In fact, I've got a mere seven episodes remaining in the third and final season. And then I'll probably start watching Avatar: The Legend of Korra. Of course, all that will come to an end when I go to Bodie and can't watch movies on the internet anymore, but that's beside the point right now.

What is the point? Well, recently I decided that it would be good to start doing a morning "light" exercise routine. Such as following a short Tai Chi form in the morning. Well, I tried one video, and it moved around too much for me to get a good idea of what to do and how (plus the form was really, really long). So I tried another video, and that was too much like dancing, and I'm pretty sure that the caucasian host made up most of it. But I wanted to do something and I was not about to give up. So I decided to turn to my new favorite tv show and its fans on Deviant Art.

That's right: I'm learning the moves on the Bending Scrolls. This user has created four bending scrolls based on moves seen in the show (which are based on real martial arts styles). I'm starting with the waterbending scroll, which I am already through the first two lines on, and then I will follow the cycle to learn earth, fire, and air. No, I'm not bending the elements, but it does make for some good visualization while you're going through the movements! ;)

So, maybe I am too caught up in this show, or maybe it just happened to work out that it provided the resources I needed for the type of morning routine exercises I wanted to do. Either way, you have to admit that it's kinda fun! :) I suppose I always was a LARPer at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment