04 August 2012

Lightning Show

Currently listening to: Carve Your Heart, Dashboard Confessional
Currently eating: Pineapple Upside-down Cake with extra creamy whipped topping.
Currently watching: epic lightning show.

This morning the weatherman promised me that there would be rain. And he was right: he didn't lie to me. We got our storm clouds in by the afternoon and a nice sprinkling of rain. But just when we thought it was all over, I came out of Ed and Joanne's trailer to find the sky clouded over once more with whole horizons being lit up by lightning shudders that tear the space between light, energy, and sound with a crack! It's a truly beautiful thing.

This evening I showed Botswana photos to Ed and Joanne - we spent a good 2 hours looking, telling stories, asking questions. I think they enjoyed it, and I certainly enjoyed the opportunity to share so much again.

Tomorrow I'm going on a hike with Eric and Mark and Lynn - weather permitting (I'm not sure what we'll do if it's pouring!) - and I'm really looking forward to it. I've hardly gotten to see those two retirees more than two minutes since I got here because they're always always up to something!

I find myself wishing this evening (as I have on many evenings) that I owned the Avatar: The Last Airbender series on DVD so that I could pop in an episode and watch it before bed. They're short, fun, and unfortunately don't load well on my poor internet connection. Perhaps I ought to pay up the money and download them for my iTunes or something like that. Though I would much prefer to have the hard-copy DVD.

I just saw another mouse in the house - looks like I'll have to set up a trap again. Of course, Denise will flip. Perhaps she'll leave town this weekend...

5 comments:

  1. I found a piece of mouse poop on one of my tomato plants the other day...weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaclynn, we enjoyed a fantastic storm out on our porch the other night! It was almost scary how close it seemed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll are funny. I found a piece of wood rat poop in the corner of our kitchen the other day. I'm wondering when he was around to deposit that!

    ReplyDelete