19 August 2012

Productive, or no?

I've been trying to be more productive lately, but I've definitely hit the excessive point on my computer use wave. C'est le vie, I suppose. I'm sure I'll be over it soon. Still, I have made a solid to-do list and have been hacking away at it one thing at a time.

But that doesn't mean I'm not still spending an excessive amount of time staring at a screen. For instance: starting last night and going until about 3 o'clock this afternoon, I watched all 12 episodes of Book One of the Legend of Korra on www.avatarchapters.tv. The last episode still made me cry the second time around.

Yet in spite of that, I have been rather productive. Today I baked my first-ever loaf of regular (non-dessert) bread. It turned out alright - very dense, but for my first time baking bread (and at over 8000' elevation with whole wheat flour) I think I did a pretty good job. And now I'll hopefully be able to satisfy my cravings for things like French Toast and Bread Pudding. Mmmm....

I also wrapped my handlebars on my bicycle - they're a bright and clean blue now and I'm fairly pleased with the wrap job. I don't think I've got the art perfected yet, but it's certainly coming along nicely. And this just in time for the big ride I hope to do tomorrow! I also reheated and added noodles to another defrosted bag of my homemade minestrone soup. Very delicious! I've still got two more quart-size bags in the freezer, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Now I'm watching "Gold" - a movie John lent to me on gold mining in South Africa - so that I can return it to his collection (yes, this is also on my to-do list). Then I also have to return the electrical tape that I nabbed for my handlebar finishing.

Anyhow, I think I've about had it with the computer for the day. Tomorrow I'm going to drive toward Mark and Lynn's, park at a Forest Service Day Use Area, then ride my bike up to their house to water the plants, then bike back. It should be a pretty good ride - and down a newly paved section of hwy 395, nonetheless! I have to 'get in shape' in case I do decide to do the High Sierra Fall Century in a few weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment