28 August 2012

Pre-Vacation Excitement!

Today, tomorrow, and the next day I leave! Well, after work, anyway...

I'm so excited! I've got my writing done for the week, so I won't have to worry about that while I'm gone; I did my laundry on Sunday night, so I'm ready to start packing this morning. Work is slowing down, and I've only got a few more weeks to put up with the grumpy vegan before he's gone (hopefully for good)! He actually got upset with me for bringing the museum a pack of 1's when they only had 6 left in the drawer - can you believe it!? I'm trying to figure out if that's retail ignorance or if he's really that full of himself.

Anyhow... this weekend was the first weekend I didn't get my hike or bike in: for one, I only had one day off; for another, my bike is currently out of commission. Next weekend the bike at least won't happen again because I'll be on vacation and I'm not bringing my bike along. So, with the exception of these two weeks, I've managed to do my hike and bike every weekend this season, just as I hoped, and I hope to continue that when I return from the coast.

This morning I'm going to knock another large item off my to-do list: I'm going to inventory all of my food, plan my meals, and write up a grocery list so that I won't have to go to the store next month at all. That's the hope, anyway. I just hope that the epic-looking food co-op in Sacramento isn't over-priced.

Fall is creeping up rather quickly now. The mornings (and evenings) are getting colder (by feel, if not by actual temperature all the time), and it's taking everything in my will to not get out the heater before I leave. (I have to wait 'til it's at least September, right!?) Eric says that the aspens will start changing color any day, and I sure look forward to that. But also with the coming of autumn is my own homecoming, which seems very likely to occur sometime between October 1st and November 15th, depending on how late I decide to stay at Bodie, and how much time I take in coming back. I might work through October just to make sure I've got the paycheck coming in for November, but I might decide that I'm just mentally spent and leave at the end of September or part-way through October... we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. You want to send some Fall over here? :) It's supposed to be 100 degrees tomorrow...bleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...I say come home early. :)

    ReplyDelete