28 February 2010

And... done!!! :)

I did it! Successfully I have conquered the 10 days of craziness!
I feel amazing - as in amazingly tired!
Things finished with a bang: the One Acts closing night was spot on, the crowd was awesome; Mike and Tiffany made it out alright last night. This morning we had Tre Kronor for breakfast, then we all went to the Garfield Park Conservatory, which is 100% free and absolutely beautiful. We loved it there. The Jazz Band concert today was phenomenal. I played really well (with a couple screw-ups, but it happens), and Michael even said that I sounded extra good up there today. I definitely think that my skills are improving, and I'm pretty happy about that. I'll have to keep practicing. This past week I was able to get a pretty consistent practicing schedule in place. Hopefully I'll be able to keep that up. We ended tonight by going to George's Ice Cream and Sweets and celebrating the passing of the epic 10 days with ice cream, and then splitting paninis for supper (dessert first, ya'll!). It was altogether a great weekend, and a nice little visit with Mike and Tiffany.
Now I'm holed up in the dorm room, cozy as a hibernating bear. I'll be in all night, I think. I don't feel like going out - all I want to do is relax, listen to some Del Barber, read a bit in my big chair, curl up and go to bed.
Tomorrow: I'm sleeping in.

'Night all,

~Jaclynn

No comments:

Post a Comment