25 February 2010

Rewind.

Ok, so I just thought I'd make up for my very poor post earlier. :)

I just got back (and got the makeup off my face) from the opening night of our One Acts. It went really well! A few lines were skipped here and there, I may or may not have almost started laughing at a sock incident, but everything was under control, and most importantly: our director said we did great. :) I can't wait for Saturday's performance. Maybe by then I'll have my voice back and in the proper key, too! I'm just grateful that it was good enough to perform with tonight.

I spent all afternoon calling people to try and find a driver for Cornerstone, since I've got no idea what time we'll be back from the Jazz Band competition at Elmhurst tomorrow. To put it into perspective: I started out at about 14:00 and I didn't find someone who could do it until about 18:30. Outrageous, right? I'm so glad I found someone, but it was way more stress than I needed. And I could have gotten so much more work done if I hadn't been making dozens of phone calls and running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Oh well, that's life for you. At least I didn't have to be in Concert Band today on top of all that.

This morning we took the second half of our test on Zarley's "Gospels Interwoven". The results: Bekah and I tied on our overall scores! We were super-excited (this was actually planned on our part; if it didn't happen we decided we'd just split the winnings anyway) because now we get to go out to Tre Kronor together for free!! :) I love eating at Tre Kronor; the food is good. Although I realized the other day that I have never been there for any meal other than breakfast/brunch.... interesting.

Anyways, today's been busy, as has this entire week. Tomorrow is Elmhurst; we leave at 10:30 sharp. I'm a bit nervous, but I think I'll be alright. Maybe. I might practice one last time tomorrow morning. But if I want to do that, I'll have to be getting to bed now. So I'll call it a night; wish me luck in the competition tomorrow; I'll be sure to break a leg at closing night for the One Acts on Saturday; and I can't wait to see Michael and Tiffany this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment