16 March 2010

First SCA touchback!

I got a call from the SCA today, complete with phone interview! It was really encouraging. He gave me a better description of the position and the location, too - both of which sound great! This is such an answer to prayer, after saying at Tea Time yesterday that I was starting to feel like I was on a wild goose chase with this whole thing. But my hope is renewed with the morning, and I have to say that this has been a FANTASTIC birthday so far! :)
I let myself sleep in a bit this morning, then went to my 8am with Bekah and Sarah. Apparently Bekah told Scot that it was my birthday, so when McKnight started the class, instead of saying "Let's start off by saying the Jesus Creed," he said, "by singing Happy Birthday!" Then the whole class, all 50 or so of them, lead by Herbert, sang Happy Birthday to me. I'm sure I was red, but I was so happy. I love it when people sing me Happy Birthday. Philosophy class went by fast today, my new Cultures of Spain course seems interesting - kind of like a history class in Spanish. :) I talked with my brother and my parents after classes, and then, taking my free unexcused absence from band, Marlee, Kathleen, Holly, Michelle, and I went to Montrose beach to look for seaglass. We were very successful. Today was just gorgeous outside! I let myself get some ice cream at supper, and now it's homework and then watching an episode of Firefly with the girls. It's gonna be a great night, nice and relaxing.
So many random people have been wishing me a Happy Birthday today. I love it. :)
Birthday's are the best - you just feel so much extra love.
Thanks for today, God. You're the best.

:)

~Jaclynn

No comments:

Post a Comment