17 April 2012

Blathering

Can I just say that I love tunics? (Well, I think I just did.) But I do, I really do! Tunics are about the best, most comfortable shirts. Ever. Period. Not to mention they're very pretty. I bought one from Goodwill in Flagstaff about a month ago or so and it's become my new favorite shirt. I'm wearing it today for the third time in the last seven days. Although I think that I haven't washed it since I bought it (and have worn it more than 3 times...), but only just now is it starting to look (and possibly smell?) like it needs to be washed. Mostly it's because the linen sleeves are starting to look wrinkled. Other than that, the shirt is mostly fine. The long sleeves are protective from the sun while I'm out and about, but the breathable linen allows me to stay cool nonetheless. The whole thing is so light and airy, and comfortable!

Anyway, now that I got that out of the way.... In just a few days I will be at the one month mark. That's right: I have a mere 33 days before my internship comes to an end here and I move on to my next great adventure. It's an exciting prospect. I need to finish reading my library books. I've got Stephen Lawhead's "Scarlet", Che Guevara's "Notas del viaje", and Mark Sundeen's "The Man Who Quit Money". Think I can do it? I'm not sure I can, but I suppose if I read a bit every day (like I really should anyway) I might be able to do it. And then there's my coworker's copy of "To Kill a Mockingbird". He said I needed to read it if I hadn't, and it's been sitting, unopened, on my bookshelf ever since. I suppose if I get through all the library books I'll take a crack at reading that, too. But it really all depends on timing.

Today is a big day for my cactus, Chloƫ. Last week I bought a new, larger pot for her. This week I got some potting soil from a coworker. Today, I'm going to transplant her into the larger pot. She's been getting plenty of new growth, so I know that she's doing very well and I'm sure she'll appreciate having more space. The new pot is a nice shade of green plastic - I would've rather gotten something terracotta, but being that I'm a traveler right now, I need something that won't break in transit. C'est la vie.

Actually, I think I'll go do that right now...

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment