01 April 2012

Bungalow

Here's a shot of this morning's sunrise. Not nearly as colorful as the one I saw last week when I was up here, but still very beautiful.

I've really enjoyed having this private space to retreat to the last couple weeks - after a weekend on my own, doing whatever I felt like, and not having to tiptoe around anybody, I felt very recharged and ready to face the upcoming week. Last week flew by, too, and I think being up here had something to do with that. Of course, escaping doesn't make the problems go away - it just makes them more tolerable - I'm currently having problems at work with one of my roommates and I'm trying to figure out the best way to talk it out with her so that she understands where I'm coming from and will be more respectful of me in the future so that I don't have to keep getting upset by her again and again and again and again and passive-aggressively pushing it down.

Wish me luck. As kind and "accepting" as she is, I feel that she doesn't like to think she's ever in any way wrong about anything, so I'm really hoping she'll actually listen to me.

Anyway, I'm starting week 10 of my internship, with only 6 more weeks to go before my time is up. It's looking more and more like I'll be going back to Bodie this summer, this time as a paid employee. I'm really looking forward to it. My friend Cecile, who lives in L.A., is expecting me in the time between my finishing up here and my starting up there. I still want to plan one more trip to Tucson to spend time with my study abroad friend Caitlin before I leave the state of Arizona, but other than that, I'm pretty much set for the next few months. It's nice to be able to have some sort of peace about the next several months.

Granted, I'll be applying for jobs again soon and going through all of this all over again, but hopefully I'll be able to feel more confident and will find some sort of employment for the winter season. Somewhere. Otherwise, I'll be out on the road with my Volunteer parks pass, hitting up National Parks as I make my way back home, I suppose. Or perhaps I'll just go north from California - I hear the Pacific Northwest is a pretty neat place to be. :) Of course, all this is very much in the future, so I'm not even really thinking about it yet - just spouting off the first ideas that pop into my head!

I'm leaving you with a picture of me from last weekend, when I biked up the mountain to Jerome - 40 minutes up 5.0 miles; 15 minutes down 5.0 miles. I felt great that afternoon - I miss big biking. I think I'll try to get some more in this weekend. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment