13 April 2011

Changes

This morning I was outside doing my laundry when I got to thinking...

... I've only got 3.5 weeks left, which means I'll probably only do handwashing about three or four more times before I leave. Maybe five at the most.

... My clothes are getting a bit stretched - particularly the unmentionables - and I'm going to have to put most of the shirts to goodwill, and buy new unmentionables when I get home, because things are just getting worn out. It's rough on your clothes to handwash on a weekly basis and to wear the same 10 things week-in and week-out.

... It's going to be nice to be able to just throw everything in a machine when I get home and know that it'll come out well-cleaned. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the most deft handwasher around, and things may or may not be starting to smell a wee bit odd.

... 27 days. Twenty-seven days. Masome a mabedi le bosupa. Bosupa is one of my favorite numbers to say because it reminds me of the noises the guys start making in choir when they get really into a traditional song.

... I'm getting torn in two.

No comments:

Post a Comment