05 April 2011

Cool morning.

It's finally cold, at least for now. Yesterday and this morning, some 60 degrees Fahrenheit. It's morning and I'm sipping a mug of rooibos, trying to soothe an achy throat and kickstart my super-hydration which I undergo in the hopes that I can flush this bug out of my system. Ben Jelen is playing through speakers that have recently sounded a bit fuzzy - I blame it on the ants, but my attempt at taking apart the casing to see if they're doing anything in there were all for nought. It's hard to dismantle one of these things.

Choir is going on a trip at the end of the semester, and I'm finding myself wishing that I could extend my stay for a week to hang out with them. But Dad just bought my train ticket from Chicago to HOM, it's expensive to change your flights, and if I don't come back that week I'll miss out on seeing friends (some of whom are graduating) and having important talks with my professors. I'm torn between two worlds.

Last night Amon asked me if I would ever come back. I almost wanted to cry. I told him I would like to, but that it wouldn't be the same. He had to agree with that. He wants me to get a Facebook so we can keep in touch. The thought has crossed my mind multiple times, but I just don't know how I'd feel about getting back on Facebook again. I really don't like the thing, but it really would be the only way to "keep in touch" with most of my friends here. It's a great debate.

Where I want to be and where I planned on being are no longer matching up right now. I have become a person who doesn't know, who isn't sure, and I don't like it. Now what am I supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment