05 April 2011

Flu

Here's a linguistic tidbit for you: here in Bots, everything is called flu. That is, I currently am having a bit of nose trouble and a sore-ish throat, plus an odd cough, and I have been informed that I have flu. Flu comes in many shapes and sizes, and it is most often blamed on the use of a fan, particularly at night. Needless to say I have stopped turning on the fan on my side for now.

Halls are available from the little tables set up outside the school gates, 30 thebe a piece, and there is actual honey in the honey lemon ones.

This morning I woke up late and with such a poor throat and nose setup that I decided to skip my first class of the day in favor of a hot cup of tea and studying for my afternoon Ecology test. I am also working on my final paper for Afro-Caribbean literature today, which she assigned in class yesterday, with the topic/thesis/outline due tomorrow, and the final paper due a week from tomorrow! Eek! Really sprung that one on us...

I'm listening to the Grateful Dead this morning, and thinking about how nice it will be to wake up to the sound of that amazing radio my brother got me for Christmas when I get home.

I hope the weather is still at least a little bit cool when I get back there....

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better Jaclynn! And it probably will be cool, at least a little bit. It is Chicago. Then again, if you come during final's week, the weather will be beautiful. So really it's a toss up.

    ReplyDelete