27 April 2011

"Don't make it a problem...

... when it isn't yet."

Count on good friends to put things in perspective for you.

I am safely back in Gabs after a delightful and relaxing Easter break in Ghanzi and neighboring D'Kar. Don't worry, I'll put up pictures before too long.

I have 13 days left before I fly out, and I'm busy checking things off my list. Mostly, I'm buying souvenirs and the like that I haven't purchased yet for whatever reason. I'm allowing myself to go over my original budget by about $150, because heck, I'm here now! Since I've got a job lined up for the summer, I'm feeling a little bit better about spending money here. I'm fine with penny pinching while I work this summer. I'll be up in the middle of nowhere, anyway! Topping off my list of purchases, aside from random jewelry, are a Setswana Bible, and German print fabric - that is, the fabric from which Batswana sew their very expensive-to-buy traditional dresses. I'm going to cheat the system, buy the fabric, and ask my mom to make mine for me. :)

I'm still sad to be leaving here, but the closer I get to my departure, the more excited I am to go home. I've got less than two weeks now, and I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment