07 April 2011

The season of paper-writing is upon us.

That's right: it's finally here. The moments we've all been procrastinating for. Being done with classes for the week, I can officially say that I only have two more weeks of classes to go, and a whole lot of work to be done. This weekend the focus is on my Afro-Caribbean Literature course. We have a five-page (so, rather short) research paper due on Wednesday. This professor is tough as nails, and I want my paper to be really good for her, so I'm legitimately putting in the effort of a 10-15 page research paper. My topic: how female dub poets bring in their perspective to the issues addressed in dub poetry. More or less.

And the moment I get that paper done (and probably throughout as well), I'll be working my butt off to write my final paper - 15-20 pages, handwritten - for Children's Traditions and Dramatics. This paper is a bit more abstract, and will not be as easy to come up with, I don't think, but I am excited to write it. It's about the changes in jump roping over the last three generations (roughly). So far I've got the introduction roughly written up, but I need to do a fair amount of book research to beef up my field research on the topic, and that's not necessarily all that easy. I'm hoping that I will, then, finish my English paper by the end of the weekend so that I can spend all week working on this CTD one, since it's bigger and will require more finagling.

And when next week comes to an end I will have one more week to go, and hopefully be done with my papers, and hopefully be traveling for the weekend in Francistown or something like that. And when that next week comes to an end, it will be Easter weekend, and I will hopefully be traveling to Ghanzi in the upper reaches of the Kalahari, or something like that. And then that week: ga ke itse what I'll be doing, because I won't have exams and I won't have anything to do with myself. Hmm... I'm sure I'll come up with something. Maybe I'll go do things around Gabs that I haven't done yet but think I ought to, or that I've already done but wouldn't mind doing again, like going to the museum, the botanical gardens, a theatre performance, to the movies (maybe the Gaborone Film Society?), et cetera. Like I said: I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Then there's the matter of the big Duma Botswana choir concert, which will either be on the 16th of April or on the 7th of May. Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment