11 October 2010

A good day.

I would say that, overall, today was rather successful.

This morning I woke up, ate a good breakfast, dressed up, and went out. I brought Jen Pope my paperwork for studying abroad and she faxed it in for me this morning. Dad's been working with a travel agent and we should have my tickets booked by the end of the week. Botswana is becoming more and more of a reality every day.

Today I discovered that you can get a locker in the library for a $10 deposit, and I jumped on it. I only wish that I had known about these lockers last year when I was hauling ridiculous amounts of books back and forth from my dorm room to the library. Now I can leave the research in there at night. I have to admit, I'm pretty stoked about that; so is my back.

The day passed a bit wistfully: nothing in particular got done, nothing in particular was left undone. I'm going to have to work hard to crank out a good 7-8 pages of who-knows-what for my capstone course, but I'm sure I'll be able to buckle down these next couple days and get whatever-it-is done. My Vietnam Film Project, technically watching and analyzing episodes of M*A*S*H, is coming along quite nicely, and I'm sure I will easily put out 4 pages (if not more) by Thursday. And then I'll have to start thinking about my research topic for that class.

The day ended in a nice, relaxing grocery round with Marlee: Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Jewel. I bought just a few essentials at each place: food, bandaids, deodorant.... Now I'm charging and resyncing my trusty ole tank of an ipod and getting ready for bed. It's been a good start to my new life so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment