20 October 2010

Learning

Today was an interesting day. I went to Bio this morning and took our second exam - think it went alright. Afterwards I went to REI to purchase a backpack - and yes, I got the red one. :) The fun part was that I decided to make the whole transaction in an Irish accent. It was a lot harder than I thought at first, because I ended up talking to about five different sales people, and I'm pretty sure each of them heard another locality of the UK... needless to say, it's been awhile since I've done this and I'm definitely a good deal rusty. I'll have to work on my skillz.

In the afternoon when I got back, I had a learning experience with one of my roommates. We had a bit of a spat about something, and she's really good at talking things out - I'm not. But I figured it out and was able to talk to her and show her my view and then we ended up hugging and apologizing for hurting each other. Kind of cheesy, but it felt good. I'm learning to be an adult. It's hard, but I think it's the better way of going about things. Because otherwise I would've been upset when I went to Jazz Band, and there's no need being in a bad mood when you're playing good music!

After rehearsal I asked Joe if he could "teach me how to solo" - he just kind of brushed it off. I'm not sure what he wants, it's like he wants me to solo, but he wants to work with me, but when I say I want to work with him on it, he just blows me off. Anyway, I suppose I'll have to try and figure it out myself for now. We'll see how that goes. But I am proud of myself: for the last two days now I've managed to get a half hour of practicing in. I've been reading up on this simple living stuff, and they've got a lot of good things on how to get stuff done that you need to get done during the day, so I'm trying to put it into practice, and I think it's working. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment