22 October 2010

Home again, home again, jiggidy jog.

I'm home. It's a good feeling. I can't help but stare at all the trees that light up like fire against the blue skies as I drive down rough rural roads. It's so beautiful here. Finally I can breathe again, it seems. One thing that I can't get over is the fact that we have sunrises here. It may sound strange, but I feel like there is no sunrise in Chicago - I've woken up before the sun many times, and it just gets steadily lighter. There's no morning glory, no radiant color changes. I always thought it was strange, that I was missing something, or that maybe I was confused about what sunrises actually should look like. But I'm back here and I know there's no denying it: we have sunrises here in Michigan. I'm not sure what does it, or why it's different, but when the sun come up over here, you can't miss it: golden and orange, pink and yellow. Clouds break and golden-yellow beams stream down, and just like that, you have a sunrise.

It's rather impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment