26 October 2010

Papers up to the knees...

Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration. But I'm feeling the homework load on my shoulders this week, for sure. It was nice to not think about homework all weekend at home, but I'm paying for it (as I knew I would) this week. I've got a mid-term due on Thursday, a Biology ethics paper due Friday, and I should start writing my senior thesis this week if I can. Not to mention the non-paper aspect of doing the reading for my Thursday classes. Let's just say that I'm going to have to be super-productive in these next couple days.

So right now I'm working on that BIO ethics paper. I've got my first paragraph done, but the important part is the research: this thing only has to be 5 pages, and I'm certain I could spit it out if I went into the zone for 2 hours. Maybe even less. It's funny - all the freshmen in that class are balking. The professor reminded us last week like it was a big deal, and I couldn't help but chuckle to myself that 5 pages is nothing. It requires no prep, and not much effort to push out a 5-page paper. But when I was a freshman, it sure seemed like a lot. Nowadays I can hardly get myself to write a paper that is less than 5 pages!

Anyway, the non-tutoring is up for tonight, so I'm going to go home and probably plug in my laptop and go at it on this paper. It'll be tough, though. Bekah's mom just flew in for the week, and I'll be so tempted to just chill and talk with her. But when I'm done in two hours... then I'll let myself relax a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment