16 October 2010

Texters beware!

Today is a beautiful day. The breeze is blowing softly, the sun is shining brightly, the fall leaves are crackling melodically. It's saturday, and I'm busy doing saturday things: laundry, cleaning, homework, errands. Last night I made myself an ordered list of things to take care of so that I wouldn't waste any time trying to figure out what I should be doing. I think it was a pretty good idea - a planned day seems to be far more productive than an unplanned one. It's a good discipline. And I'm trying to learn some better self-discipline these days.

But on a side note, and hence the title of this post, can I just say that I hate it when people text me? I tell all of my friends that I don't have texting, so they shouldn't text me, and yet some people still do. And when people who aren't my friends text me, it's insulting - they just assume that I must have texting since I have a phone. Forcing me to pay money to read what they say, when they could've just left me a message for free, or even called me and held a real conversation! It's disgusting. Forgive me for ranting, but it bothers me so much: I really think I'm just going to stop opening texts altogether. I don't want to pay for other peoples' disregard and assumptions.

So, back to fall. Next weekend is Fall Break, and I'm super excited to go home. I'm going to do most of my packing this weekend, I think, so that I won't waste time on it during the week. Not that I'll be completely done, but just so that I don't choose to waste time on packing when I should be doing something else later in the week. I've got to bring back all sorts of clothes that I won't be wearing now that the weather is turning colder, as well as books that I've finished reading, and anything else I can spare. I want to make it as easy as possible to move out at the end of the semester.

I suppose that's all I have to say for today. Most of my words were spent in that rant. Besides, my laundry should be done now, and once I take care of that it'll be off to other things!

No comments:

Post a Comment